Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Let's Start at the Very Beginning

Word Count: 8174 (yes!!!!)

It's a very good place to start. The insanity has begun. Already my fingers are moving at a pace that might be damaging to my health and my grammar and spelling skills are melting away. However, I did squeeze in lots and lots of words and I have something resembling the beginning of a story. It's about (no way!) a band which makes music which makes people go insane and commit various creative and gorey acts of violence, which I can't wait to start describing!

I have yet to decide on a main character, but have faith and it will come. I'm now on Chapter Two out of...however many, I have not a clue. I love NaNoWriMo so freaking much. In case you happen to be embarking on this amazing journey with me, try doing the word wars on the forums. It boost your word count in minimal time with minimal effort. It's also fun. Has anyone else notice how I'm even trying to boost my word count on here? Maybe I'll include it as part of my novel. I really adore typing that. My novel. My book. I am a novelist. I am a published novelist. YESSSS!

And in case any of you are dying to know, I like to listen to Jimmy Eat World's Clarity (come on, you can't honestly tell me you weren't expecting that...) and Belle & Sebastian's Push Barman to Open Old Wounds to write. See what crazy MP3 I decide to post tomorrow on the amazing and wonderful bubble death.