Friday, November 04, 2005

Catching Up is Only Half the Fun

Word count (for 11.4.05): 13,777

Just keeping up with yesterday's post. You can read about my lousy excuses or forget it. I think I rather discuss something a little more interesting, instead.

Here's the thing, with that plot of mine. While I'm not sure if its going anywhere (or anywhere useful, at least), it's moving...or rather, crawling toward a beginning, middle and end. That seems good, except that I'm using a lot of flashbacks that I'm not sure anyone will care about. I don't even know if I care about it. But hey, it fills up words in a nice, easy matter, and allows much freedom. Much better than my pages of describing blood, which, as interesting as it is, gets rather repetative. It only comes in one color...just several shades of it...and one form. I can't even get into describing various interesting way of cutting a body now, and that's a little sad. I really happen to enjoy writing about cutting bodies. In. Great. Vivid. Detail.

On the bright side, despite my twice consistent missing of my supposed 3,500 words a day count goal, my double run on day one is still keeping me on track. I knew something like that was going to happen, so I perpared in advance. It's now Friday, and I'm perpared to kick some word counting ass this weekend. I'll be at 20,000 by Monday, for sure, but probably earlier. It's all rather exciting, wouldn't you say?