Friday, November 11, 2005

Ten K in a Day?

Word count: 60070

I have done it. I have done the unthinkable. The amazing and wonderful (that is, aside from writing a novel or anything...), I've written 10,000 words in a single day! Today!

It's so great to see that round little number. I had today off, so I thought I'd go for it. And it's extra hard because it's week two, and I hate my novel so much right now it's not even funny. But it's worth it! It's all worth it, because 10K in a day! Wow! My record!

I did do 8000 words or so before, and I was impressed then, so I thought 2000 words more shouldn't be so bad...I guess it's not as terrible as I thought. I actually did six (count 'em, six!) 30 minute word wars for this. I average about 1500 words per word war usually, but this time I slowed during a few and went over on a few others. I'm so glad. Maybe I'll take the weekend off now and do stuff...maybe. Or maybe I'll just go for 3000 and stick with it to reach that beautiful 100K by the end of the month. Also, I'd enjoy finishing the damned story, which, at the moment, is going no where and feels really repetative.