Monday, November 21, 2005

The Eight Eight Eight took my baby away

Word count: 89,991

I am seriously eight words from reaching 90,000 words. How pathetic is that? I'll probably manage to pound out those eight words for the rest of the night...but still, it's looking so strange and sad right now. Then again, Word does make a point of bluffing up those word counts, so that when I upload the text document to the NaNo website, it's lower. Well, I guess I can probably pound out another thousand or so...

I was trying to type with my eyes closed during the 30 minutes wars and I got up to 1800 words in half an hour! I'm loving it, despite the utter nonsense I'm creating, still, loving every moment of it.

Aww, I'm really going to miss my baby, Untitled, when November is over...but not to worry, I get back in touch with it in December, and then I'll start hating myself for writing such and utter crap, and then edit like hell...and maybe even attempt to send this one off to an agent and publisher and whatnot.

Despite its millions of flaws, I can say that it is better than my novel last year, which was really split into two, equally un-make-sense-able parts, one 50K and the other a little shorter. We'll see what happens, though. Week four is too much fun!